Jeremy Hilton, a well-known figure in Gloucester has been selected by the Liberal Democrats as their parliamentary candidate. He has fought the Gloucester seat three times before in 1987, 2005 and 2010. Mr Hilton currently serves as local councillor.
Jeremy Hilton was born and bred in Gloucester. He lives in the heart of the city close to the cathedral and vows that his fight is for a stronger and fairer Gloucester.
Cllr. Hilton has an excellent track record of public service, representing Kingsholm on both the city and county councils, where he is also the Liberal Democrat group leader. With over 22 years experience as a councillor, Jeremy is a local person ideally qualified to become Gloucester’s next MP.
As the current chairperson of the Local Government Association’s, Fire Service Management Committee, Jeremy is experienced in parliamentary matters. He has given verbal evidence to a House of Commons Select Committee.
As the Next MP for Gloucester, Jeremy Hilton will work hard for a strong economy and fairer society, by:-
• campaigning for good education for all Gloucester children and free school meals for everyone at primary school
• delivering better rail connections to Gloucester and a new central bus station
• raising the income tax free allowance to £12,500 and securing the triple lock, in law, for state pensions
• securing Gloucester’s regeneration with UNESCO World Heritage Site status for the cathedral, whilst building more affordable homes for young families
• increasing the number apprenticeships for young people and ensuring a diverse and growing economy in Gloucester
• guaranteeing equal care and waiting times for mental health as for physical health, by increasing spending on the NHS